Our Crystal Jelly Soap Base by Stephenson, an industry leader in soap manufacture, is a unique and innovative new soap base. Crystal Jelly Soap is a melt and pour soap base (vegetable based) and can produce a diverse array of jelly soap products. Use to add layers within melt & pour soap base, embeds, or just on its own to make new and interesting creations.
Melt as you would any melt & pour soap base, fragrance and color it, leave it to set and watch it wobble. Use it in the bath or shower - crush up a handful and squeeze, slather, and soap all over! Jelly Soap Base melts at a much higher temperature than regular melt and pour soap base, so this isn't really suitable for crafting projects with children unless fully supervised.
This base produces a soft soap and will need to be packaged in a tub or solid container with tapered shapes yielding the best results. Sold in solid blocks and packaged either in a resealable tub or bag. The crystal Jelly Soap Base is clear - the image used is just to give you an idea of what you can do with it.
Suggested soap packaging: 8 oz. smooth jelly jars, 2 oz. mixing cups with lid, and 8 oz. Natural Jelly Soap Tub w/Lid.
Unique Qualities & Features:
- Suitable for slicing or molding
- Good foaming
- Fantastic transparency enables bright colors
- Sets to form a jelly solid product
- Vegetable based
- Excellent moisturizing from a high glycerin content which imparts a pleasant feel to the skin
- Superior color stability even if kept at a high temperature for extended periods
- Neutral odor provides excellent fragrance lift
- pH 7.5 - 8.5
Ingredients: Glycerin, Aqua, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Chondrus Crispus Powder (Carrageenan), Phenoxyethanol, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate
Directions: Follow the tutorial in our Crafting Library: Jelly Soap Tutorial. Add no more than 1/2 ounce of soap fragrance oil per pound of soap base (1-3% usage rate by weight).
- The recommended melt temperature is 185° F, therefore not suitable for children to make.
- When removing this container from the microwave or stove, use oven mitts to help protect hands from getting burned.
- If using a microwave to heat up the soap base, do not place container onto a cold counter top after removing from the microwave. The base will be close to 185° F and this may cause the container to crack. To be safe, place container onto a warm towel or cutting board after removing from a microwave.
- Once the soap base is ready for soap colorant and fragrance oil, work fast because the soap base will start to thicken quickly.
INCI: Glycerin, Aqua, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Chondrus Crispus Powder (Carrageenan), Phenoxyethanol, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate